Re: CEDET, DL & parsing thoughts

From: joakim
Subject: Re: CEDET, DL & parsing thoughts
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:39:06 +0200

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     This is true now for what is in CEDET.  There are already 6 grammars
>     that work pretty well that enthusiasts of a particular language have
>     written.  (Erlang, python, csharp, javascript, 2 php parsers, and
>     ruby.)
>
> I note the absence of C and C++.  I guess that's because their grammar
> is so complex that the job would be hard to do.  But it is a real
> shame to support Microsoft's language, C#, and not support Java.
> Can you recruit someone to support Java?
>
> Also we need Emacs Lisp and Scheme?

cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-java.wy
cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-java-tags.wy
cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-awk.wy
cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-calc.wy
cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-python.wy
cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-cim.wy
cedet/semantic/wisent/wisent-c.wy
cedet/semantic/semantic-grammar.wy
cedet/cogre/wisent-dot.wy
cedet/contrib/wisent-ruby.wy
cedet/contrib/wisent-javascript-jv.wy
cedet/contrib/wisent-php.wy
cedet/contrib/wisent-csharp.wy
cedet/srecode/srecode-template.wy

So, I think Eric meant the files in "contrib" whereas Cedet supports all
the grammars above, including Java and C.

(I contributed the javascript grammar, and I intend to move it to the
Cedet core, so it also will be included when Cedet is merged in Emacs
CVS.)

--
Joakim Verona