Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:38:11 -0400

   > I think it is quite a bad idea to make emacs behave like GNOME,
   > and other such enviroments.  Emacs is vastly different from them,
   > and just making users think that Emacs somehow behaves like GNOME
   > is bad for the users; it doesn't beave at all like GNOME.

   Are you not assuming that users do not expect Emacs to behave like
   other applications in the GUI environment they are using?

I do not expect a KDE program to look, or behave like a GNOME program.
I do not exepct Emacs to look and behave like GNOME either, it
doesn't, just things like the keybindings are sufficiently different,
let alone that you cannot configure Emacs using the GNOME facilities.

   I think they mostly do expect and want that from any program. Emacs
   is no exception for new users as I see it.

Making emacs nice for new users is good, but it should not be the goal
since all new users will become old users.