Re: Visual line movement inconsistency

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Visual line movement inconsistency
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:59:35 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>> I agree that it can be confusing, but I think it's much more dangerous
>> to change the default behavior of C-a/C-e, because people depend a lot
>> more on their precise behavior (whereas C-n/C-p are more often used in
>> conjunction with visual feedback).
>
> I mostly agree, but then it is all the more important that the fringe
> indicators are used to show that lines are word wrapped (i.e. continued).

They do (using the normal "wrap" indicators)...

Of course if you have `visual-line-mode' turned on as well, then the
wrap indicators are suppressed -- but then C-a/C-e also operate on
screen lines rather than logical lines.

So far it all seems pretty reasonable to me.

-Miles

--
Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.