Re: File Owner and Group ID on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: File Owner and Group ID on Windows
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 06:07:07 +0300

> Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:52:00 +0200
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 22:20, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > What about Emacs 22.x: does it report something like 5 for user-uid on
> > that machine?
>
> Yes, an EMACS_22_BASE build from today returns (user-uid) => 5.
>
> > If it does, then it does work for you on that machine
> > in Emacs 22, and the question is what did I manage to break in what
> > worked before.  Could you please take a look?
>
> Do you mean, take a look at what differs between 22.X and the trunk?

Yes, sorry for being unclear.

The only change between 22.x and the current CVS trunk should be that
the value of dflt_passwd.pw_uid is computed differently from the
user's SID we extract from Emacs's process token.  But what you found
from your debugging seems to indicate that somehow one of the syscalls
we use for extracting the SID stopped working, and I don't expect any
differences there, because that code wasn't supposed to change between
22.x and the trunk.