Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:42:23 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tuesday 19 August 2008 18:53:03 Jason Rumney wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
>> > Ok how about:
>> >
>> > (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullboth) means maximize
>> > (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullscreen) means fullscreen
>> >
>> > Does it sound reasonable ?
>>
>> I think the names need to be less similar. What is wrong with
>> 'maximize and 'fullscreen?
>
> I second that.
>
>   - fullscreen can only be nil or t (no taskbar, no window decorations)
>   - maximize with values nil, height, width and both
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

Two developers agreed, it sounds like a consensus :)

One question (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen t) is incompatible
with earlier API, should I throw an error if someone sets 'fullboth ?

Take care,
--
Ivan
http://kanis.fr

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he
will pick himself up and move on.
    -- Winston Churchill