Report the evolution of Emacs Lisp sources.

From: A Soare
Subject: Report the evolution of Emacs Lisp sources.
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:05:01 +0200 (CEST)

In this moment, the only method to see how the code of emacs evaluated is
`diff'.

One can show the differences, by comparing the internal representation of the
lisp code tree of 2 versions. I saw this idea for the C code here:
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mwh/papers/evolution.pdf .

An advantage of this method would be to report only one when the name of a
variable changes. This method will also ignore to report the null-effect
characters like blanks or empty new lines. diff reports everything.

What do you think, it would be useful such a tool to make reports of lisp code
changes? Maybe I will try it, but it might be _realy_ useful?

Avant de prendre le volant, repérez votre itinéraire et visualisez le trafic !
http://itineraire.voila.fr/itineraire.html