Re: Release plans

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 05:49:35 -0400

   Freedom should never stand over software quality and usability.

Freedom must always stand over software quality and usability, without
it we cannot improve the software in question.

   Primarily, software is problem-solving.  If your software comes in
   a flavor that doesn't restrict user's freedom, this is really nice.

It is a prerequisite that software is free to be able to solve
problems; if the software is not free, then you cannot solve anything.

   If you cripple software for freedom's sake, you have driven the
   purpose of software ad absurdum.

Nobody implied that one should cripple software for freedoms sake.
Nor did rms argue that it is good to have badly written free software.
But it is better to have badly written free software than having well
written non-free software.  We can fix the former, but not the later.