Re: line-line-move-visual: was line motion problem

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: line-line-move-visual: was line motion problem
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:45:56 +0300

>> The following patch implements this approach.  I've taken bits from
>> visual-line.el, and re-written other bits to make use of the new
>> features of vertical-motion in Emacs 23.
>>
>> Could people try it out and see if it DTRT?
>
> Since no one has commented, I've gone ahead and checked in
> visual-line-mode into CVS.  Problem reports would be welcome.

It seems that keys M-[ and M-] are more suitable for moving to the
beginning/end of the real line because similar keys M-{ and M-} are
bound to commands that move point to the beginning/end of the paragraph.

Maybe better keys for moving to the next/previous real line are
M-down and M-up?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/