line-move-visual never set to nil?

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: line-move-visual never set to nil?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:43:01 -0700

I'm very confused by the code in simple.el.

As reported a few minutes ago, turning off visual-line-mode has
no effect. The apparent reason being: line-move-visual remains
set to T and that is what the code in functions next-line and
previous-line refers to.

Is this a naming bug i.e. with the minor mode now called
visual-line-mode, should the variable be named visual-line-move
-- rather than line-move-visual?

Looking at the code that defines visual-line-mode -- I dont see
the line-move-visual getting set at any point; also, I see a
command to turn-on-visual-line-mode -- but no corresponding
command to turn it off.

Setting line-move-visual to nil does return emacs to its
traditional behavior where next-line and previous-line move
across   physical lines.

--
Best Regards,
--raman