Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:59:37 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:14:29 -0400
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> unfortunately there's no native Windows port of a Posix shell that
>> is bug-free and powerful enough to run a typical configure script.
>
> At least to my best knowledge, that is.  If someone knows about such a
> beast, please tell where to find it.

Cygwin provides precisely that.

Some might say "it's not 'native'; it relies on the cygwin.dll". I
think that's a quibble; it's easy to install, it provides sufficient
power to run typical configures; that satisfies the stated requirements.

No software is completely "bug-free", but Cygwin bash is as good as
any other port of Gnu bash, in my experience.

--
-- Stephe