Re: ^M in the info files

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: ^M in the info files
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 10:15:30 +0100

Kenichi Handa wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> Oops, sorry.  But, I can't see the ^M problem in info files.
> Actually, on Windows, when I type C-h i, I get this error:
>
>   Can't find the Info directory node
>
> But, when I type C-u C-h i ~/emacs/info/efag RET (I built
> Emacs under ~/emacs),  I see no '^M's.

Perhaps the version of makeinfo you have is not generating files with
DOS line ends. Mine is, and even opening info/efaq with C-x C-f shows
the ^M characters, though I don't see any inconsistencies that should
cause line-end detection to fail and Emacs 22.2 opens it correctly with
a DOS coding system.