Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/fns.c,v

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/fns.c,v
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:31:10 +0200

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:55:48AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Kenichi Handa
> >
> > Actually, M-$ on "signaled" shows this:

> > Affix rules generate and capitalize this word as shown below:
> >     signal+ed
> > Use option `i' to accept this spelling and put it in your private
> > dictionary.
> > (0) signalled  (1) signal ed  (3) signal-ed
>
> I didn't see this on my system, and "signaled" isn't in my private
> dictionary.  Do you use Ispell or Aspell?

In my system (Debian/GNU), with the script I use to help the ispell
maintainer when people report missing words,

$ amd-test-missing-words signaled signalled
* Testing ispell english dicts:
  -  Missing in ibritish: signaled
  + iamerican: OK
* Testing aspell english dicts:
  -  Missing in british: signaled
  -  Missing in american: signalled
* Testing plain english wordlists (look):
  + american-english: OK
  + american-english-large: OK
  + american-english-small: OK
  + american-english-huge: OK
  -  Missing in british-english: signaled
  -  Missing in british-english-large: signaled
  -  Missing in british-english-small: signaled
  -  Missing in british-english-huge: signaled
  -  Missing in canadian-english: signaled
  -  Missing in canadian-english-large: signaled
  -  Missing in canadian-english-small: signaled
  -  Missing in canadian-english-huge: signaled

On the one hand, seems that signalled is missing from aspell-en en_US Debian
dict, but in your case what happens is the opposite. Are you sure you are not
using the British dict?

--
Agustin