Re: should read-file-name not respect text properties in its input strin

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: should read-file-name not respect text properties in its input string?
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:13:21 -0400

> I already said I don't have any particular example in mind. The logic and
> reasons are essentially the same as for `completing-read', however - see the
> referenced 2007 thread.

Could you sumarize it or give an URL for it?
The main problem I have to understand how this could be used is that if
the user types the text, it won't get the properties from the completion
candidates since the completion was never involved.

So do you want the properties from the completion candidates or from the
minibuffer text?  If from the minibuffer text (the only reliable
choice), what kind of properties would these be, who would put
them there?

        Stefan