Re: bootstrap not regenerating some *loaddefs

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: bootstrap not regenerating some *loaddefs
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:10:59 +0200

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:48, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> It bootstrapped with "-j 2" for me, using sh.exe.  So I think you can
> commit your changes.

OK.

I'll wait for the bootstrap I'm currently running with the MSYS
technology preview, though.

Two interesting points:

  C:\> make --help
  Usage: make [options] [target] ...
    [... lots of options ...]
    --unix                      Run in UNIX mode (use sh.exe subshell).
    --win32                     Run in Win32 mode (use Win32 subshell).

And, when run with --win32, I can see messages like this:

  make - --win32 - --jobserver-fds=3,4 -j -j 2 -C ../lib-src cleanall
  make[1]: Entering directory `/c/emacs/trunk/lib-src'
  make[1]: warning: -jN forced in submake: disabling jobserver mode.

so it seems that it is now trying to do the right thing wrt -j and submakes.

   Juanma