Re: Lost antialias?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Lost antialias?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 00:16:09 +0200

I would remember that since this problem appeared on GNU/Linux (June 12/13) there is a related problem on Cygwin [1].

In my .Xdefaults:

Emacs.FontBackend:      xft
Emacs.font:             Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-14

URxvt*font:             xft:Bitstream Vera Sans
                        Mono:size=14:medium:roman:antialias=true

Xft*antialias: true
Xft*autohint: true

Before June 12/13, in both Emacs and Urxvt the font had the same height 14. Now the font in Emacs has a shorter height, 13, while in Urxvt is still 14. In other word in Emacs is all more little, now. On Cygwin the build of Emacs uses XFT and Lucid (on Cygwin GTK does not works).

Now I should use Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-15 to have the same result.

Cheers,
   Angelo.

---
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-06/msg01068.html