Re: Why doesn't Info `T' cache node tree for current file?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why doesn't Info `T' cache node tree for current file?
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:02:37 +0300

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "'Eli Zaretskii'" <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:46:39 -0700
>
> > The same Info file doesn't change too often, but there are
> > situations when for instance, the user writes a new Info
> > manual, and in the process of writing uses the TOC as an
> > overview of the manual (i.e. iterations like
> > add a new node, revisit the TOC, reorganize its structure, and so on).
>
> Ah, I see - the use case is for Info manual writers.

Not necessarily.  The situation I bump into much more frequently is
when I update from CVS, then say "make info" with the Info manual
already loaded into one of my (many) Info buffers.

However, I don't think this is important enough to justify
over-optimization.  `T' is already a rarely used command (I bet many
users don't even know it exists); adding an Info file that is modified
under our feet makes it _extremely_ rare.