Re: add `read-buffer-completion-ignore-case' ?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: add `read-buffer-completion-ignore-case' ?
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:26:03 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> Regardless of what some newbies think, buffer names and filenames are
>> not the same.  It is quite reasonable for someone to want to have one be
>> case-insensitive but not the other.
>
> Maybe it's reasonable, but I don't think it matters.
> So this is irrelevant without a more concrete reason.

I've found case-insensitivity in buffer-name matching generated a lot of
annoying "conflicts" due to non-file buffers (e.g. *Group* and *grep*).

[I currently use case-insensitive at work, and case-sensitive at home :-]

Since there wasn't much choice in the past, I've not experimented with
other combinations, but I'd like to.

-Miles

--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."