Re: `split-window-preferred-horizontally'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: `split-window-preferred-horizontally'
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 14:33:45 -0400

> Is the attached patch what you mean?

That looks right, yes.  Tho I'd keep 80 and 160 as defaults rather
than nil (the horizontal 160 seems very safe, I'm not quite as sure
about the vertical 80, but it seems OK for now).

> There's yet no clever default for
> handling the height/width aspect ratio.

Not sure what you mean.  Do you mean control the aspect ratio test,
rather than use a hardcoded implicit 1?  If so I think we can leave at
that for now, it's not clear that it'll be needed anyway.

        Stefan