Re: Yet another bootstrap failure: Required feature `esh-groups' was not

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Yet another bootstrap failure: Required feature `esh-groups' was not provided
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:23:01 -0700

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

  > Alan Mackenzie wrote:
  >
  > > eshell/em-alias.el:96:1:Error: Required feature `esh-groups' was not
provided
  > [...]
  > > Am I doing something wrong?
  >
  > Yes. Please read INSTALL.CVS, or search the list archives.
  >
  > (make autogen-clean; make autoloads _may_ help you in this case)
  >
  > > This constant brokenness of the CVS head saps infinite energy from me.
  >
  > The constant reporting of the same non-bugs saps my energy (but
  > fortunately not an "infinite" amount).

Given that people seem to expect that "make bootstrap" works all the
time, would it be a good idea to make "make bootstrap" to first clean
everything first so that it starts from a clean slate and then it has a
greater chance of meeting people's expectations?
This might reduce the amount of time you have to spend responding to
these types of messages...