Re: Adding parameters to windows

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Adding parameters to windows
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 23:25:54 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> Questions:
>
>  - What does mean "The meaningful PARAMETERs depend on the kind of
> window." Which parameters are meaningul, and for which windows?

Well, none, at present. This patch is only one half of the
"window nodelete/group" patch. The meaningful parameters are defined in
the other half. So, its probably better to remove this comment for now.

>  - It is wise to return (in `window-parameter' and
> `set-window-parameter') directly the parameter alist, instead of a
> copy of it?

Ok, maybe not. Is there any rule of thumb to decide to do the one or the other?

>> And add a note to etc/NEWS about it?
>
> Sorry, I'm *horrible* at deciding what to write in NEWS...

Maybe:

** Functions to handle window paramters were added, similar to the
   functions for frame parameters.

ok, that might at least inspire better efforts from others :)

--
Joakim Verona