Re: New global bindings

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: New global bindings
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:30:21 +0900

address@hidden writes:
> - Why is "=" bound to the same as "+"?
> Is it because of the kbd layout you use?

Because that's a fairly common binding (e.g., firefox) -- "+" is a
shifted key on U.S. keyboard layouts, but "=" is the same key unshifted,
and is next to the "-" key.  So for convenient use, "-" and "=" actually
make a good pair.

> - Could there be menu entries to help find this feature?

Dunno

> - "c-x c-+ +" also increases height. Is that desired?

Seems ok to me.

> - should c-g exit and restore default size?

I don't really know, but offhand I don't think so -- it's not really
supposed to seem like you're in some little "mode", but rather give the
impression that you're repeating the command without needing to type
C-x.

> - "c-x c-+ p" exits size change as expected, but leaves
> a confusing "c-x c-+ p" message in the minibuffer.

I don' t know how to control the funny echo-area messages for prefix keys.

-miles

--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.