Re: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:03:53 +0200

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> a écrit dans le message de news:address@hidden

Try XEmacs with the portable dumper enabled (I think that's default

That was what I was thinking of for Emacs because I don't seem to have problems with XEmacs and pdump.

ISTR that the equivalent feature in SELinux causes XEmacs w/ pdump to
fail anyway, but that may have been fixed (ask Olivier Galibert
<address@hidden>).  It's worth a try I think.

Bad news then. Anyway, that would be nice to know that both emacsen
are fully relocatable.

Well, I can compile both xemacs and emacs under the same environment (VS2008, msvcrt), using the same dlls (zlib, libpng, etc.). So I guess I need to experiment a bit more deeply and report about my findings.

Thanks,

Fabrice