Re: Build failure on M$ (using MSVC): Patch enclosed

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Build failure on M$ (using MSVC): Patch enclosed
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:45:04 -0400

> On a different tack: why can't vc-find-root be made to use
> locate-dominating-file?  One less bunch of heuristics to maintain.

Yes, this duplication hurts.  After all, I wrote locate-dominating-file
based on vc-find-root.  But currently locate-dominating-file can only be
used if the file we're looking for is directoly in the higher directory,
not in a subdirectory.  E.g. I can look for ".dir-settings.el" or "CVS"
but not for "CVS/Entries", as does vc-find-root.

        Stefan