Re: Build failure on M$ (using MSVC): Patch enclosed

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Build failure on M$ (using MSVC): Patch enclosed
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:31:37 +0100

dhruva wrote:
Hi,
 The below patch fixes the string header file issue. Since there is
support to either include the strings.h or string.h based on some
defines, I have added them in the compiler specific files for M$.

I think the proper fix is to consistently use either strcasecmp or stricmp (or xstricmp, which we define in xfaces.c, though the other two are widely enough used that it seems unnecessary to define yet another function). Historically we seem to have settled on stricmp except in dosfns.c and unexcw.c, which are only compiled on DOS and Cygwin respectively. Even those should be changed for consistency.