RE: Unrecoverable data loss

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Unrecoverable data loss
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:26:36 -0700

> see that the links of the inserted text were clickable, and decided
> to click the one on the face value, unsuspecting or forgetful as I was
> that this would obliterate my post.  If I had instead chosen to click
> the link on the code point value, it would have popped to a different
> buffer and I wouldn't have had to retype my post.  Maybe Emacs was
> just trying to educate me not to click any link unless I know exactly
> what the consequences of doing so are.
>
> > But it would be easy to make some of those
> > commands give errors when not in Help mode.
>
> That's the least amount of help I would expect from Help mode.

Actually, I wonder if *Help* couldn't have undo enabled. No flames please; it's
just a naive question.

I sometimes do C-x C-q and edit some *Help* text to use it elsewhere, and undo
would be useful during such editing. If enabling undo would have negative
consequences, then forget about it - just wondering.