RE: address@hidden: Emacs security bug]

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: RE: address@hidden: Emacs security bug]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:41:44 +0200

>> > + (put 'fast-lock-cache-directories 'risky-local-variable t)

>> I think this will not work, since above line is only executed
>> after fast-lock has been loaded. So the symbol may not yet have
>> the property when the file variables are evaluated.

>> An autoload cookie would also be sufficient, of course.

> I did wonder about this, but when I looked at how other files were
> adding the property, I noticed many of them did not have an autoload
> cookie...

The autoload cookie would cause the "put" form to appear in the
autoloads of fast-lock. (In the context of Emacs 21, it would then be
included in loaddefs.el.)

However, as Stefan already noted, it's not really relevant for
Emacs 22 or later. And fast-lock isn't even included in loaddefs.el
anymore.

Ulrich