Re: Next release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 22:30:09 +0200

Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

>     How do you handle --debug-init?
>
> I suggest mapping the frame beforehand, as now,
> if --debug-init is specified.

This could turn display related startup bugs into Heisenbugs (disappear
when trying to debug them).  I'd go that way only if we find that just
putting the debug-init output onto either startup splash or stderr
really don't do the trick.  It would be my guess that an option like
--debug-init would mostly be given on a console, so stderr might
actually work pretty well for a traceback or something.