Re: Next release

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 09:22:02 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
On X11, when I start `emacs', the first thing that happens is to open
a frame, with the toolbar, and only after that is the .emacs
file loaded.

So how can Emacs-22 on W32 avoid loading the image libraries before
how does it avoid displaying the tool-bar before loading the .emacs?

I don't know how, but when Emacs starts on Windows, the frame is blank. When messages start appearing as .emacs is loaded, the mode-line and echo area are drawn, but the rest of the frame, including toolbar, is only drawn after .emacs has been loaded.

I don't think this is done especially for the toolbar images, Emacs has always started like this on Windows.