Re: IDE features: M-x find-grep

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: IDE features: M-x find-grep
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 16:07:43 -0400

    The menu is not necessarily flat.  Using submenus it would be possible
    to organize most useful commands in a convenient way.  For instance,
    the "Search" menu could have submenus "Search files" for the grep family
    of commands, and "Search buffers" for the occur family of commands.

More levels of menu is also inconvenient.  The general point is
still valid: we should have to design the best menu, not stuff
in all the commands that we think "beginners should see".