Re: Next release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 10:15:01 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > Dan, please stop this.
>
> Can you please first get all the background before intervening?

[...]

> Now, I really don't like doing this, but I feel that I really need to
> get my name cleared here, so let's go back to what has actually
> happened.

There is no need to get your "name cleared" since we already
participated the original discussion.  Doing another summary from your
point of view does not change that.

There was nothing gained for you picking up the ball unnecessarily
thrown at you in this context.  I am not saying that your reaction was
uncalled for or understandable.  It is just that it did not help.
Neither did the original bickering, but it wasted a lot less energy of
the attacker than the reply did of you.

Not hitting back when nothing can be gained by it is something hard to
learn for people with a strong sense of justice (and many programmers
are so, and possibly enthusiastic free software programmers more so).
But it saves a lot of headaches and, believe me, in the end even makes
you look better.