Re: Please fix it right!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Please fix it right!
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 04:39:39 -0400

>>> Why?  The comment is just wrong.
>>
>> Because I believe the comment is right, so please explain.
> How can it be right when that dependency does not exist?

Doesn't matter, all you have to do is *explain*.
Let's see... gee... maybe you could show a scenario where src/emacs
ends up existing while lisp/subdirs.el doesn't.

I don't claim your problem doesn't exist, but I think your solution is
wrong.  So explain your problem and maybe you'll convince me or someone
will come up with a better solution (one that doesn't involve
recomputing all the foo/bar-loaddefs.el files whenever subdirs.el is
updated).

        Stefan