Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)

From: joakim
Subject: Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:38:20 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Maybe "pin" and "group" should really be one parameter or whatever.
>
> Right.  Maybe all the pinned windows can just be in their own group.
> But maybe conflating the two is not good enough.

My intuition is that conflating the properties is not quite good enough,
so I will start with two separate properties. I intuit this because
maybe you want different pinned groups, and maybe you want different
groups that are not pinned.

However, I have as yet no real use-case for the above options, except my
status-window example, and the ECB, neither of which seem to require
both "pin" and "groups".

--
Joakim Verona