Re: reading/writing binary data in structured form

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: reading/writing binary data in structured form
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 06:23:28 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:29:15 -0400
>
> >> Kim, is there a reason not to make bindat-pack and bindat-unpack
> >> autoloaded?
>
> > Only that I envisioned that people would explicitly require bindat
> > if they need the features it provides.
>
> Indeed.  It doesn't seem to make much sense to autoload part of it.

Yes, but can it hurt?  We could put comments there explaining the
reasons, in case at some point in the future doing so for the sake of
documentation search will not be necessary.

> Maybe we should begin by improving the C-h p answer.

I'm for it, but IMHO "C-h p" cannot be a precise tool, because it is
based on too small amount of info (a few keywords), whereas
apropos-documentation has much more to play with.