Re: testing for a remote file to include file on aWindows mappeddrive

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: testing for a remote file to include file on aWindows mappeddrive
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:52:08 -0400

> 3. Do #1 and perhaps rename `file-remote-p'.

My quoting the docstring was specifically to explain that we already
solved this part of the problem by (re)defining "remote".

As for slowness, I can't remember anyone complaining about file-remote-p
being slow (you quoted numbers comparing its speed to other code, but
that doesn't make it slow).

        Stefan