Re: backup files for files under VC

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Re: backup files for files under VC
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:01:37 +0200

Hallöchen!

David Kastrup writes:

> Torsten Bronger <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup writes:

>>> Huh?  Most certainly I can check out the last revision any time
>>> from my local version control system.
>>
>> I mean files like "thesis.tex.~1.3.~" in the same directory as your
>> working copies.
>
> I think you are confused.  Those aren't created by the version
> control system.  They are auxiliary files Emacs creates (or has
> the version control system create) for its own operation when it
> can't perform them otherwise.

Okay, sorry to have misled you.  But actually their origin doesn't
matter for what I tried to get across.  The typical cluttering up
that they generate in SVN working copies, and which may justify
avoiding additional eyesore by backup files, doesn't occur in
DVCS'es.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                                      Jabber ID: address@hidden