Re: testing for a remote file to include file on a Windows mapped drive

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: testing for a remote file to include file on a Windows mapped drive
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:13:08 +0300

> Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:03:53 +0200
> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
> Cc: 'Jason Rumney' <address@hidden>, 'Michael Albinus' <address@hidden>,
>       Drew Adams <address@hidden>, 'Emacs-Devel' <address@hidden>
>
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> Could someone please summarize what was done about this?
> >
> > Nothing.
>

> Is WNetGetConnection useful for this?

What for?  GetDriveType is perfectly capable of telling us whether the
drive is networked or not.  Or did you mean something else?

In any case, as long as the Unix code treats networked drives mounted
via NFS or similar as local ones, I will object doing otherwise on
Windows.  A primitive (separate from file-remote-p) that
differentiates between local and network-mounted volumes would be okay
with me, but only if it is supported on Unix as well.