Re: Build failure: feature not provided

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Build failure: feature not provided
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:03:47 +0200 (CEST)

+ Paul R <address@hidden>:

> Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >
> >> "maintainer-clean" should also fix it, but maybe it doesn't.
> >
> > It assuredly does (though there's nothing really to "fix"), if people
> > would bother to search the list archives before reporting a problem as
> > fundamental as a failure to build, over and over again.
>
> Sorry for this OT message, but I really find this tone unadapted when
> speaking about someone making the effort to report a bug.

That's okay. As a long time net user, I have developed thick skin and
am not easily offended. However, I might point out that archives for
this list were not available when I looked, back in February I think
it was. I see they are now, so I could indeed have found the answer in
the archives had I known they existed. Oh, wait a minute ... this is
emacs-pretest-bug, but I see these messages appearing in the
emacs-devel archives? Are the two addresses really the same list?

- Harald