RE: binding c-h in isearch

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: binding c-h in isearch
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:39:28 -0700

> Isearch mode is a mode, not a prefix key.

Bof. It's been rebaptized a mode, but a rose by any other name... See my other
mail about its unconventional minor-modeness[*].

To me, the help you want when using isearch is precisely that given by
isearch-mode-help. This is what C-h should give you.

[* Isearch is peculiar in several ways (which doesn't make it bad), starting
with the fact that it uses the echo area, even though users can get the
impression that it uses the minibuffer. (Yes, it uses the minibuffer for
search-string editing and completion, but not to read incremental search-string
input.)]