Re: Emacs does not listen on w32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Emacs does not listen on w32
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:42:06 +0200

>  Yes, those are good points, but I think you are perhaps missing my point:
> That WM_CLOSE should be treated more like qiut.
>
>  That does not prevent Emacs from asking the type of question you mentioned.

I think you missed my point: how? Either you want [X] to forcefully
abort Emacs, or do you want it to go the orderly exit route, and in
the second case, it has *no way* to know beforehand what should be
run, how much to wait, etc. *Anything* can run in an orderly exit.
There's no guidelines which say that 10 seconds or 20 or a thousand
are OK, and afterwards Emacs is hanged up. What you want would imply
creating a way to specify how to deal with delays in exiting, which is
a can of worms.

 Your C-g example does not apply: that's a user order to abort
something. Clicking in [X] is an order to exit Emacs, not to abort
everything after a while.

What do you want to do is not to close Emacs, but to invoke tskill.exe
or use the task manager to end the process.

 Juanma