Re: Bootstrapping Emacs-23.0.60-trunk newly broken (GNU/Linux, Cygwin)

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping Emacs-23.0.60-trunk newly broken (GNU/Linux, Cygwin)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:31:49 +0200

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> After glimpsing at the BuildBot manual: It might make sense to

> (1) send a notification to emacs-devel as soon as a build of the trunk
> failed and temporarily increase the build frequency,

> (2) send another notification when the first build succeeds after that
> and decrease the build frequency to the standard value (maybe after
> another day).

Okay so there are two aspects here: (i) increase the build frequency
in case of problems, and (ii) send notifications when the build
state changes (from passing to failing and back).

Implementing (i) requires some hacking because I don't think
buildbot has a built-in scheduler that changes behavior based on
build status, so to keep things simple I just increased the
frequency (to four builds per day).

There is no existing functionality for (ii) either, but it was
trivial to implement and seems to be working okay.

Stefan, Yidong, is it okay to send these notifications to
emacs-devel?