Cruise Control to mitigate failure in make bootstrap?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Cruise Control to mitigate failure in make bootstrap?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 10:48:58 +0000

Hi, Emacs!

We seem to have continual problems with HEAD not bootstrapping.  This is
frustrating for quite a lot of people.  I suspect it is a major drain on
our productivity and general happiness.

One solution would be to use Cruise Control (see
<http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/>).  It is free software (BSD
license).

Cruise Control triggers a build whenever changes are commited.  Should
the build fail, it notifies all those who have just committed of the
failure.

I have used this product in one of my day jobs, and it works well.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).