Re: Obsolete functions and variables

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: Obsolete functions and variables
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 02:58:47 +0200

Richard Stallman schrieb:
      I guess
    the dangers generally outweigh the advantages but there's not much point in
    marking them obsolete if they're never going to be removed.

I think that is incorrect.  It is useful to urge people to make their
code use more modern interfaces regardless of whether we ever delete
the old ones.

# cd emacs/lisp/ext/bbdbb-2.35
# ./configure --enable-gnus
# make

In toplevel form:
bbdb-whois.el:25:1:Warning: !! The file uses old-style backquotes !!
This functionality has been obsolete for more than 10 years already
and will be removed soon.  See (elisp)Backquote in the manual.

:-)