Re: generated-autoload-file sometimes not created

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: generated-autoload-file sometimes not created
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:56:54 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> So I suggest the patch below.  Can someone test it and fix/install it?

I guess this will have the effect of scanning every file for an
autoload while bootstrapping, which is inefficient but not important.

IIUC, if I happen to delete just calc-loaddefs.el and then run `make
autoloads', it won't be recreated. I don't have a better solution
though...

(I guess the autoload time-stamp check is to reduce the number of
files that need to be read, and checking for a local value of
generated-autoload-file would defeat that?)