Re: png images in tool-bar / alpha mask

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: png images in tool-bar / alpha mask
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 00:10:09 +0100

On 1 Apr 2008, at 22:41, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

Would the solution be to also store the original image data
(CGImageRef) in the "struct image", and then to simply use that when
defining the toolbar, if it is present and if the toolkit supports
it?

That wouldn't work for the case that some postprocessing is necessary
for the loaded image.

I think that would be okay. For high-quality images, such processing is best done manually or with a dedicated tool chain (ImageMagick...). One could remove the reference to the original image as soon as any kind of processing is done in order to maintain compatibility.

I'm working on a patch to see if this is doable. I'll get back to you once I've tested it.