Re: Exchange 2007 Issues When Copying Between Folders

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Exchange 2007 Issues When Copying Between Folders
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:50:29 -0500

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:54:12 -0400 Jake Colman <address@hidden> wrote:

JC> Ted suggested that I post here as I find more issues with using Gnus
JC> with Exchange 2007.

JC> If I move an email between IMAP folders ('B m'), I get the following
messages:

JC> Registry: Registering article 6 with group
nnimap+exchange-d01:INBOX/Development/gnu
JC> Registry: Registering article 7 with group
nnimap+exchange-d01:INBOX/Development/gnu
JC> Moving to nnimap+exchange-d01:INBOX/Development/CVS: (6)...
JC> nnimap-request-move-article: this is an internal move
JC> The specified message set is invalid.
JC> Couldn't Move article 6: The specified message set is invalid.
JC> nnimap: Updating info for nnimap+exchange-d01:INBOX/Development/gnu...
JC> nnimap: Updating info for nnimap+exchange-d01:INBOX/Development/gnu...done

JC> The message is, in fact, copied between the 'gnu' folder and the 'CVS'
JC> folder but it is not deleted from the 'gnu' folder.

JC> I am attaching the output of the imap-debug buffer showing everything
starting
JC> with pressing 'B m'.

The command that caused the problem:

511 UID FETCH * UID

(copying emacs-devel regarding the maintenance issue)

Simon Josefsson hasn't replied to my pings, so I think he may not be
available for imap.el support.  Simon, please let us know if that's not
the case.

I'm willing to dig further and maybe support imap.el if no one else
wants it, but honestly the IMAP RFCs are unpleasant and annoy me, so I
need a better explanation of the protocol.  Google was not helpful.  Can
anyone suggest an IMAP primer I can read?  I'm interested in the actual
protocol, so the more concrete the examples, the better.

Thanks
Ted