Re: Shift selection using interactive spec

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Shift selection using interactive spec
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:24:55 -0400

    And then another simplest alternative we could provide is t when the
    return value should be displayed with just `(message "%s" ret-val)':

There's no harm in that, but usually the command should add some text
around the return value.  So I think use of t would be rather rare.
Using a format string would be the more common case.

What I am not sure of is whether the existing format string feature
is powerful enough for most of the real cases.