Re: 23.0.60; Odd behavior of maximized windows

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Odd behavior of maximized windows
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:21:05 +0200

David Abrahams skrev:
on Sun Mar 30 2008, Jan Djärv <jan.h.d-AT-swipnet.se> wrote:

I also run Emerald, Gnome, Compiz and alse see Emerald crashes.  I don't have
maximized Emacs:es.  But I see that sometimes compiz maximizes windows by
itself when the become "too large" (exactly what that means I don't know).

Do you have other maximized windows that don't cover the entire screen after a
restart?

Yes.

Window manager decorations is really up to the window manager, Emacs
doesn't do anything about this by itself.

I figured as much, but it must be doing something differently from,
e.g., Thunderbird, or I wouldn't be seeing this effect.

I will run some tests. I guess there is some property one should set which Emacs doesn't. Stay tuned...

        Jan D.