Re: Transient Mark Mode on by default

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Transient Mark Mode on by default
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:24:42 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
"paul r" <address@hidden> writes:

2008/3/30, M Jared Finder <address@hidden>:

 If you want to keep users coming to Emacs to stay with Emacs, cua-mode
 should be on by default.
Although I hope your POV is a bit extremist as of today, I think you
stated clearly the general trend. As I previously said between lines,
I'm experiencing similar behaviour of people giving up emacs after a
few days because of unacceptable (to them) drop in their
"productivity".

cua-mode will not help them much.  Emacs will remain different.

In contrary I think cua-mode is an excellent help for many beginners. That Emacs is different does not mean that cua-mode does not help.