Re: Small change in image-dired.el

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Small change in image-dired.el
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 22:27:47 +0100

On Sat, Mar 29 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> When cleaning my mailbox I found an old request from Stefan Reichör
>> asking if tumme (as it was called back then) could preserve the
>> timestamp of rotated original files. [...]
>
> What is the rationale for such a "feature"?

When a picture from a digital camera has the wrong orientation, it
might be useful to preserve the time stamp when fixing it.  Not all
programs honor the EXIF info or the camera might do it wrong (due to
misconfiguration?).  I don't know what the rationale was for Stefan R.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)