Re: On a few warnings of the Cigwin bootstrap

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: On a few warnings of the Cigwin bootstrap
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:03:33 +0100

Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:45:48 +0100
From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden

Bootstrapping CVS on Cygwin, I observe this warning

Warning: Default coding system `iso-latin-1' disagrees with
system codeset `US-ASCII' for this locale.

It happens three times, at the end of the build, after the final build of emacs.exe.

It is also the first message in the *Messages* buffer, when starting Emacs.

Could it be related to this discussion [1]?

Yes, it's the same problem.  Let's see what Handa-san says about it.

For the sake of completeness, the warning comes out when I have

export LANG=it

Undefining it (export LANG=), the warning goes away.

Cheers,
   Angelo.

---
Facesti come quei che va di notte,
che porta il lume dietro e se' non giova,
ma dopo se' fa le persone dotte.
-
                  DANTE, Purgatorio, xxii 67-69